my fried green bananas, yuka chips and crispy tortillas.
It is also a very interesting compote for grilled meats and burgers.
- 3kg of ripe tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tea spoon chopped ginger
- 200gr white sugar
- 2 table spoons soy sauce
- 4 table spoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 tea spoon Worcester sauce
- 2 tea spoon tabasco
- 2 bottles HP sauce
- 250gr Heinz Ketchup
- Take a large sauce pan or pot.
- Add sugar to the pot and heat up until the sugar start to turn into caramel (make sure it doesn't get to dark)
- Add onions and fry for 2 minutes
- Now add tomatoes and all other ingredients.
- Cook gently for about 1 hour with the lid on, occasionally stir the tomatoes.
- After the 1 hour has passed, take the lid of and cook for another 30-40 minutes to
- evaporate the liquid. Cool down and keep in the fridge until needed.